The Petrie Paper Mill was a paper processing and recycling plant owned and operated by Orora (formerly Amcor) located at 965 Gympie Road, Petrie. The site consisted of seven hectares of heavy industrial buildings, tanks, chimney stacks, and processing plant, all constructed in the 1950’s. Other notable activities conducted on site included thirty hectares of waste waster treatment ponds and twenty-eight hectares of on site registered landfills.
DECC was awarded the Cell 8 Construction in 2018. The cell was designed by Taft Engineering to increase capacity of the Engineered Landfill Facility by upwards of 200,000m3.
- Clear and grub – trees and topsoil
- Bulk excavation to stockpile
- Cut to fill
- Subgrade preparation and conditioning
- Selection and moisture conditioning of clay liner material
- Excavation and backfill of gw drainage lines and anchor trenches
- Compacted Clay Liner (CCL) placement
- HDPE placement (2.0mm double textured)
- Excavating and joining onto existing cell 7 lining system
- Cushion geotextile placement
- Leachate collection pipework and aggregate placement
- Leachate sumps and risers
- Separation geotextile placement